2017 Odwyn Jones Awards Scholarship Program and Application Process
MRIWA’s Odwyn Jones Awards Program honours the contribution of Emeritus Professor Ifan Odwyn Jones AO to education, enabling the long-term future of the minerals industry in Western Australia. Professor Jones chaired the Minerals Research Advisory Committee of the MRIWA predecessor institute, the Minerals and Energy Institute of Western Australia from 1999-2013.
For all applicants both International and Domestic
6 Scholarships available of $5,000 as stipends to academically excellent students enrolled in fourth year Honours by research OR a final year engineering research project.
Projects must align with MRIWA’s objectives and be within the scope of its Research Priority Plan
- Applicants must be undergraduates enrolled full-time at the time of application in fourth year Honours by research OR a final year engineering research project with Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University or the University of Western Australia.
- Research project must contribute a minimum of 25% of the academic load for the final year of study.
Applications are made in two parts: Formal application through individual university and EOI sent direct to MRIWA.
The process for enrolment and scholarship is determined by the individual university:
The Expression of Interest to MRIWA should be made as early as possible and no later than March 31, 2017.
At a minimum your EOI should include:
- Your full name, residential address, contact telephone number and email
- University Academic Record
- Letters of reference from two (2) academics familiar with your career
- One-page description of research proposal with signed endorsement from your proposed research supervisor, their university and faculty
EOI should be sent to email@example.com with “OJA Awards EOI” clearly indicated in the subject line.
Closing dates are dependent on university. Overall closing date for MRIWA is close of business March 31, 2017.
For further information please contact MRIWA on 08 6180 4340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.