NZEM Funding Opportunities
All research proposals must align to a program and theme in MRIWA’s Research Priority Plan and address a challenge or issue in the Western Australian mining sector that, if overcome, could help to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
Within the scope of the Research Priority Plan, MRIWA has identified three priority themes representing cross cutting issues in the mining sector which would benefit from a collaborative approach.
While solutions aligned with all research themes are invited, applications addressing the priority themes and related opportunities will be highly regarded.
The priority themes and opportunities are:
Data Driven Decisions
- Mapping emissions across the mine to metal value chain to evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives.
- Creation of digital models to assess decarbonisation options and build business cases.
- Exemplar mine sites to create capacity in industry and amongst stakeholders.
- Industry framework and common language for transparency, benchmarking and best practice.
Mining and Processing Technology
- Redesigning processes to optimise use of renewables and mitigate the impact of intermittent power supply.
- Increased efficiency of material movement.
- Integration of new technology including electrification, hydrogen, heat recovery, biomass and biodiesel.
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of energy storage and use.
How to apply
Visit our Application Information page for application documents, guidelines and submission dates.
Page was last reviewed 30 December 2022