The Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA) website has been designed to meet the Government of Western Australia’s standard for web accessibility and is accessible to:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- those with slower internet connections
- those with hand-held devices and mobile phones
Text on this site can be resized by:
- using the zoom and increase font options from your browser’s menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or – key to zoom in and out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel
Tab-based navigation and skip to links
This website allows full tab-based navigation:
- when you are on a menu item or hyperlink, press enter to activate
- hold down shift and tab to reverse the tab cycle
- at the top of each page there are options to skip to various areas of the page to assist users of screenreaders and users that are viewing the website zoomed in
Wherever possible, hyperlinks contain descriptions of information found in the link’s destination.
Internal links open in the same window to improve usability for people with vision impairment. Links to documents and external websites open in a new window.
All images that are used to display a meaning will have alternative text available. Some browsers may also display a tooltip of this alternative text when the cursor hovers or focuses on the image. Images that are used for decorative purposes only do not contain any alternative text.
If you do not have the required software to view the documents available on this site, the following free downloads or online applications will allow you to view the documents:
- PDF Documents – Adobe PDF Reader
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations – PowerPoint Office Online, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Excel Documents – Excel Office Online, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Word Documents – Word Office Online, OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Window
Please note all documents on the website can also be provided in other formats. Please contact us to request alternative document formats.
This website is best viewed using the following browsers
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Our commitment to web accessibility
Our website aims to meet the West Australian Government’s web accessibility requirements, including meeting the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) at level AA.
No responsibility is taken for the accessibility levels of external websites linked to from this website.
For more information about customising your web browser and computer set up, visit the W3C website.
This accessibility statement was last reviewed in June 2020.
Please contact MRIWA if you have any difficulties using this site or you would like to provide us with feedback.
Page was last reviewed 5 August 2022