Time to nominate for the WA science awards
Nominations for the WA Science Hall of Fame and the 2022 Premier’s Science Awards are now open.
The Premier’s Science Awards recognise and celebrate the research, study, and engagement achievements of the Western Australian science community across all fields of science, including natural, medical, applied, and technological science, engineering, and mathematics.
The six award categories in 2022 are:
- Scientist of the Year ($50,000 prize)
- HBF Mid-Career Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Woodside Early Career Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- ExxonMobil Student Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Shell Aboriginal STEM Student of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Chevron Science Engagement Initiative of the Year ($10,000 prize)
You are also invited to nominate Western Australians who are pre-eminent in their field to be considered for induction into the Science Hall of Fame. The WA Science Hall of Fame was established in 2007 to recognise exceptional lifelong contributions from Western Australians to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
Applications close at 10 am on Tuesday 26 April 2022.
Applications for the Premier’s Science Awards are now open, with up to $50,000 to be won. For more info visit > www.jtsi.wa.gov.au/ScienceAwards
Nominations for the WA Science Hall of Fame are now open, visit > https://www.wa.gov.au/organisation/department-of-jobs-tourism-science-and-innovation/science-hall-of-fame
Page was last reviewed 21 March 2022