Western Australia’s resources sector achieves record sales in 2021
Annual data released by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety today show sales for 2021 were up a massive 30 percent.
Western Australia’s resources industry achieved record sales of $230 billion and supported more local jobs than ever before in 2021.
Resources sector employment was strong with billions of dollars in additional revenue flowing to the Commonwealth and other States throughout the pandemic.
- Iron ore sales surged to an unprecedented $157 billion.
- Gold industry continued its stellar run with more than $16 billion in sales.
- Lithium sales soared to an all-time high of $2.6 billion.
- $22 billion was invested across the sector during 2021.
- $156 billion of resources projects are in the pipeline.
For more information, visit Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
Page was last reviewed 11 April 2022