Developing future thought leaders with the skills and passion to tackle key challenges in the Western Australian minerals industry
The MRIWA Education Program supports the development of exceptional research talent to help meet the future needs of the Western Australian minerals sector and related industries.
We work to identify and prepare gifted students from WA and around the world to tackle the research challenges affecting the future of minerals and renewable energy.
Education program components
- A minimum three MRIWA PhD or postgraduate research scholarships available each year
- Four PhD scholarships administered under the WA Government MARS (Mental Awareness, Respect and Saftey) Program
- Tailored professional and communication skills training for students accepted into the MRIWA program
- Outreach and mentoring to encourage students of exceptional ability to consider careers in the mining industry
- Sponsorship of the work of Australian Earth Science Education (formerly Earth Science Western Australia) supporting earth science teaching in Western Australia’s schools
Page was last reviewed 17 October 2023