Grade engineering and GE View
Total Grant Value
Engineering in Highly Stressed and Complex Rock Masses
2016 - 2017
Project completed by CRC ORE: Optimising Resource Extraction which receives allocation of MRIWA funds.
- The mining industry is in the midst of a productivity and investment crisis.
- Industry perception is that low grade ore is unavoidable in terms of mass mining.
- The capital and energy costs of using a traditional crush-grind-float processing method for low grade deposits produces poor productivity.
- The GE.View tool produced in this project uses predictive modelling of heterogeneity to identify Grade Engineering opportunities in the Western Australian minerals industry from public domain data.
- Using the GE. View tool as an industry standard will increase productivity and output across the industry.
- The technology is also able to filter and rank individual operations for the highest opportunity to facilitate planning and sequencing decisions
Benefit to WA
- The new industry standards for ore deposit characterisation delivered through this work will improve productivity and ore grade output across the Western Australian mining industry.
- This will deliver economic benefits to the state including enhanced productivity and employment.
Page was last reviewed 6 August 2020