Salt tolerant plants for Goldfields revegetation
This report focussed on specific needs of highly salt tolerant plants to revegetate gold mining operations. It specifically addresses five aspects of highly salt tolerant individuals within species known to be halophytic:
- Selection of field growing material
- Clonal propagation of selected individuals;
- Development of salt tolerant lines;
- Testing salt tolerance of clonal individuals; and
- Field testing in areas in need of revegetation and with high soil salinities.
Page was last reviewed 7 August 2020