The effect of water quality on rare earth minerals flotation
Total Grant Value
To investigate the effects of using impure water on the flotation of rare earth bearing minerals as an alternative to using high-cost reverse osmosis water for processing.
- Understand the effect of water quality variation on flotation recovery and grade of rare earth minerals.
- Understand the interactions and efficiency of flotation reagents in impure water.
- Understand how impure water affects the flotation behaviour of target and gangue minerals.
- Understand the tolerance for impurities while achieving the desired flotation efficiency.
- Identify less expensive water treatment options to produce suitable water for REO flotation.
Proposed Benefit to WA
Reduction in the requirement for, and consumption of, high-quality water, particularly in locations where water is scarce, potentially decreasing operating costs for companies.
Page was last reviewed 15 July 2020